Kununurra is located 1065 kms north east inland of Broome and only 37 kms from the Northern Territory border.
Places to see
- Diversion Dam near Kununurra on the Victoria Highway was built to control the water into the agricultural irrigation area
- Kelly’s Knob Lookout, on Speargrass Road with views of Kununurra
- Ivanhoe Crossing on Ivanhoe Road is 10 kms from Kununurra
- Mirima National Park in Hidden Valley near Kununurra has sandstone ranges that look similar to the Bungle Bungles
- Gibb River Road is 53 kms west of Kununurra off the Great Northern Hwy. The 4WD only drive has many spectacular ranges, gorges, waterfalls, rock formations and rivers
- El Questro Wilderness Park is 100 kms from Kununurra on the Gibb River Road. It has many gorges, hot springs and lookouts
- Lake Argyle is located 70 kms from Kununurra. It is the largest body of fresh water in Australia.
- Purnululu National Park is located about 280 kms south of Kununurra via the Great Northern Highway